“Mindfulness is awareness that arises through paying attention, on purpose, in the present moment, non-judgementally,” says Kabat-Zinn. “It’s about knowing what is on your mind.”
I am registered as a category 1 mindfulness teacher at the VMBN. This is the Dutch and Flamish society for mindfulness teachers. Because of this some of the Dutch health insurances cover the fees for a mindfulness course. I teach groups and individual courses, online and offline. Also I teach mindful eating and combine yoga and mindfulness technics in my yoga classes.
I have been teaching mindfulness since 2011 and I have taught about 12 8-week group trainings (MBCT/MBSR/Mindful eating) and many individual trainings. I worked as a psychologist and mindfulness teacher in an obesity clinic (CO-EUR) and for See true.
For my own practice and to be able to teach I have followed a number of retreats and courses (See below), but we are never a master in mindfulness as we always have to start again in each moment.
Mindfulness related courses that I studied:
I followed and finished “Het lange traject van See true”: 7 years meditation experience, participation in a MBCT/ MBSR training, (silent) retreats and theme days about mindfulness, advanced and basic teacher trainings, course on buddhist psychology, psychopathology, 3 hours of supervision and writing a reflection report about a grouptraining I taught.
I also studied:
• A basic teacher training for teaching mindfulness at SeeTrue
• An advanced mindfulness teacher training at SeeTrue
• An acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) course at SeeTrue
• How to teach a mindful eating course at SeeTrue.
• 2 day Workshop by Prof. Dr. J. Mark Williams, founder of MBCT
• Mindfulness based compassionate living (MBCL) for mental Health- professionals module 1 with Frits Koster and Erik van den Brink at VUmc
Other meditation experience:
– 8-day Dharma studie retraite met Christina Feldman and John Peacock bij het Gaia house, Engeland
– 6-day retreat with Thich Nhat Hanh en de monnikken en nonnen van EIAB en Plum Village in het European institute of applied Buddhism, Duitsland
– 4-day retreat at Wat umong in Chiang mai, Thailand
– 4-day retreat at Wat Pah Nanachat in Ubon Rachathani (International Forest Monastery), Thailand
– 5-day introduction into buddhism witht Robina Courtin bij het Tushita meditation centre, Mcleod Ganj, India.
– 10-day Satsang with Mooji Baba, Rishikesh, India
– 7-day retreat at Osho ashram in Deradun, India
– 3-day chakra healing retreat, Osho ashram Gangadam, India
– 10-day Vipassana silent retreat with Goenka
– 10-day retreat in Plum village Thailand
– 1 month stay with New life foundation (mindfulness community) in Thailand